Sunday, April 6, 2014

C4K Summary March

The first C4K in March was John from Mrs. She’s class in the Pt England School Auckland, N.Z. John is new to the class so he didn’t have anything in his blog at the present time. John did; however, have a birthday recently so I posted a comment: Hi John, I hope you had a super birthday! My name is Alexandria Butler and I am a student at The University of South Alabama in the United States. It was so sweet for your grandma to bring you a cake to school. My favorite cake is chocolate; it must be your favorite too. I really like the video and I wonder what gifts you may have unwrapped. Thanks so much to you, your classmates and Mrs. She for posting it.



Hosea in Miss. Lavakula’s class at Pt England School Auckland, N.Z. was the second student I was assigned to comment in March. Hosea included a interactive map activity on his blog to help learn about following directions. Here is my comment: Hosea, I think you have a very interesting blog. Can you tell me what the words “Kia ora” mean? After viewing your blog, I can see you are learning so much! The Rescue! Hansel and Gretel Geometry Sessions is a very informative presentation, great work! Do you enjoy using technology and blogging in the classroom? What is your favorite post on your blog or what are you most proud of this year? Keep up the good work and don’t forget to thank your teacher for making sure you are able to blog and use such a great resource! 



Cheyanne in Miss. Clark’s class at Pt England School Auckland, N.Z. presented information on her blog about butterflies. She included life cycle information, what they look like and how they live. I think judging from her information she learned much about the topic and was very thorough. This was my comment: Cheyanne,thanks so much for such an interesting blog post. You have clearly learned a lot about butterflies during your research. I just watched a very informative movie called: The Flight of the Butterfly. http://www.flightofthebutterflies.com/ The film chronicles the life cycle and migration of the elusive Monarch. For years no one knew where in the world the butterflies would migrate. Then after 40 years of searching a butterfly enthusiast, Dr. Fred Urquhart http://www.flightofthebutterflies.com/discovery-story/, solved the mystery. I very much enjoyed watching this movie in an IMAX theater in 3-D because it was like being there with the butterflies. I don’t know if you have a theater in your area that plays IMAX movies but it would be great if you could see it. Keep up the good work, I enjoyed your blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment