Sunday, April 27, 2014

C4K Summary April

I was assigned to comment on a student blog in Mr. Somerville’s class at Pt England Auckland NZ.

The student posted about her uncle’s passing and how she felt at the service, I thought it was very touching and very grown up for her to talk about her thoughts and feelings after her uncle’s death. The student also wrote about 32 interesting things that the reader may want to know about her, a post similar to a C4T I read earlier in the week. The child is a seasoned blogger and she should be thankful to her teacher and the leadership at her school who has integrated technology so effectively in her education. The student responded to my comment and asked me some questions to find out more, I was thrilled to talk to someone so very far away.
"Hi Alexandria, im very interested that you are in Alabama and I really wanna come their one day. I'm so happy that you enjoyed reading my 32 facts about me. I think when I pressed publish on my Uncles Funeral post that I done I felt a little bit better because I let it out like what you just said. Thank you for commenting on my blog and I have 4 questions for you if you don't mind:)

*Is it cool living in Alabama

*Is it small or big there

*How old are you

*Have you ever visited New Zealand"


I responded to her questions and included some information about myself and the area where I live.

The last student for April C4K only had one blog post on his site and he did not respond to my comment. The post was about the things he likes to do after school. He said he likes to play with his two dogs. I asked about the tricks they knew and told him about some of the ways I taught my dogs to learn tricks in my own life. The fact that he only had a very limited amount of information on his site leads me to believe, he is either not blogging or the teacher has not required any technology assignments. There is a stark difference in the children who are in classes of teacher's who integrate technology and those who aren’t. I would like to be a teacher who makes everyone aware of the power of technology in the classroom and how much a student can benefit from the responsible and effective implementation of it within education.



Blogger.


No comments:

Post a Comment