Saturday, March 15, 2014

C4T #2 Summary

I commented on a blog called 21apples for C4T #2. I really found the videos on this blog profound and thought provoking. I think the first video reaffirms something we all know but choose to ignore; we are inundated with social media and technology, sometimes to the detriment of our relationships. I have been guilty of ignoring the outside world and in the not so distant past becoming completely absorbed in social media. I think like most good things moderation is the key and overindulgence is killing our ability to connect to each other in real instances.











The next post I commented on was about a young boy who comes to the conclusion; he doesn’t want to eat his lunch because it is made from an animal. The child is speaking very intuitively to his mother about the fact that we should take care of animals not eat them. The mother allows him to make his own determination about the consumption of animal products. I was moved at the pure honesty of the little boy and the perceptiveness of his mother to enable the child to reach his conclusion. 21apples author posted this comment:
“sometimes our job is just to get out of the way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment