Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blog Post # 9

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?



Mrs. Cassidy is a professional and a teacher whom we can learn a great deal from. I enjoyed learning about the ways Mrs. Cassidy uses technology in her classroom. What a wonderful advantage she has given the children in her class to become familiar with the tools of technology and encouraging writing using said tools. I believe the use of computer science should be one of the foremost concepts taught in today’s educational system. I personally have been computer illiterate in the past but I am learning to use these new materials slowly but surely.



Children today are being left behind if they are not afforded the opportunity to learn and participate in the educational process through the use of computers and technology. Mrs. Cassidy has been implementing the use of computers and blogging for ten years now and to the betterment of her students. While watching the children use computers and IPods and different programs, I was amazed at how confident they were and looked completely capable as well. Mrs. Cassidy has gone above and beyond what an average teacher could, by preparing her class for this ever expanding global community. I think the world of education should and is following in her footsteps, some faster than others. I plan on using a tool called Glogster in the future because who wants to read in a dusty old text book or write using pencil and paper anyway. I think the educational possibilities are endless because the speed at which the technological market is changing there are ample programs, apps, and teaching and learning strategies coming available for our use in schools. The question is not if we as teachers should utilize these technological materials, but when because the time is now.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts about Ms. Cassidy. I liked how you did not just take each of the videos and explained them one by one you put it all together. Great post and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog post about Dr. Strange's interview with Mrs. Cassidy. I also think that if technology is not being used in the classroom than the students are being left behind and are not going to get the same learning opportunity that the other students will get. I like that you plan to use Glogster in your classroom. I have not experienced all of the features of Gloster but I plan to dig deeper into what they have to offer. Thank you for embedding the link into your blog it is very helpful. This is a great overall blog post thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete