Sunday, March 2, 2014

C4K Summary February

My first Comment for Kids post was for a student named Morgan in Mrs. Schneider’s class. The student was researching the case for the health benefits and longevity of life attained by a pet owner. I asked the student to visit the CDC’s website for more information, there is an article listed there about some interesting research supporting the thesis statement the student posted.



The next comment within this assignment was for Mathew in Mrs. Caddy’s class. He posted a snippet about why he enjoys using technology, mainly for homework questions. I left a comment about the importance of the internet when one is stuck on a troubling question. There is a wealth of knowledge waiting for us all we need to do is ask.



The third comment was for Cassidy in Mrs. Reuter's Class Blog. This student left a very entertaining post on the way people get on her nerves, especially during testing. I gave Cassidy some feedback on my experiences with testing and distracting noises. I also left a quote for her to think on,
“Patience is the companion of wisdom.” ~St. Augustine




For my last comment for this assignment, I chose Pickle and his fictional narrative titled: “story.” It is a tale about a group of kids meeting up at a haunted house and being frightened and murdered by the likes of Freddy, Jason and Mama and her children. Here is my response:
“Hey there! I am a student at the University of South Alabama and I have been assigned to comment on your blog. Great narrative about what would happen if Freddy, Jason and Mama with kids in tow just so happen to be haunting the same house. This story really put a horrifying picture in my mind about the grizzly scenario that could play out if those forces combined! I like the way you described Freddy’s and Jason’s actions’ in the end of your story. It reminds me of a particular style of story my family and I tell on camping trips. Someone starts a ghost story, and then they pause and pick someone else to take over the next portion. The story may end up silly or really scary, whatever your preference. As far as I can tell from your last line you may have a sequel in store for us all. Good job."
I really enjoyed reading the first of the four blog posts by kids; it’s great to see what they are creating and how technology is being used today.
Children Blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alexandria,
    I think you did a great job with interacting with the students that you were assigned to in this lesson. I think you captured some great points that you shared with the students, my favorite was the fictional narrative "Story" by Pickle. I liked how you related his story to your family camping trips with your family. The only thing I would recommend is to add links to each of the student's blogs you are assigned to in the future. Great job!

    ReplyDelete