Sunday, January 19, 2014

Practice Post

Hello everyone out there in cyberspace! I'm Alexandria Butler and one thing you should know about me is that I am not computer savvy! I will try to do my best to keep up. I'm just a country girl, who grew up in Kentucky. As a child, my family and I lived in an old farmhouse without electricity or indoor plumbing. We had an out-house and, yes it included a Sears catalog, although, I'm hoping that was just a joke! When I was about nine we moved to Florida, where life was very different from what I was accustomed to in my tiny hometown. After graduating from high school, I wanted to get out on my own, so I joined the Army.

I was in the Army for two years as a Communications installer, now obsolete, when I met my husband to be. We have a daughter who just turned thirteen. In 2003 we moved to his hometown, Mobile, where we both attended South, majoring in education.

I decided to become an educator not because of an overwhelming positive educational experience or a special teacher who really got through to me, but a lack thereof. I became an educator because I have a love of learning and a desire to make a positive impression on a child, one who may never have had someone who cared. It is my hope that I can have an important impact on as many children as possible and instill a love of learning with in them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment