Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog Assignment # 1

What about EDM 310?

In 2006 EDM 310 was a very different course. The class was a basic micro-computing class about what a computer consists of, how to turn it on and something about bit code. The students constructed mini-vita's/resume's and learned how to use a USB mass storage device. I liked the class very much and felt little to no anxiety about the content or requirements needed in order to earn an perfectly acceptable grade.
"Live long and prosper",Dr. D.


EDM 310 "2014" is a course that incites a special kind of panic and fear within myself. When I registered for this class, I had no knowledge the format had changed. I have been out of the college loop for a while now. It has readily come to my attention that not only am I technologically illiterate but evidently suffer from reading comprehension problems as well because it takes me forever to figure out how to complete menial tasks in this course thus far! I am increasingly getting the feeling that material included in this single class contains a course load that is going to be a struggle for me to meet. I fear I will fail this class.



EDM 310 week one, has left me feeling underprepared overwhelmed and frustrated beyond any class I have taken during my college career. Confidence in my writing ability, is something that has been a lifelong struggle; therefore, blog posts are not something I am comfortable writing. I am hesitant to comment on any form of social media. I have my work cut out for me but that is something that has been a central theme in my life. The fact that my lack of knowledge frustrates me to no end, is not a reason for me to give up. I will hopefully work up the nerve to ask for help, as lab sessions will inevitably prove to be an invaluable resource. It will be my goal to get as much as I can out of this course and hopefully I will be able to instruct my collegues about material featured in this class.

1 comment:

  1. "The fact that my lack of knowledge frustrates me to no end, is not a reason for me to give up." No, it is a reason to learn. That is why you are in college, correct? Or is it just to get a degree.

    I would suggest that you limit the size of your images to small or medium in the future.

    Yes, its not 2006 anymore!

    ReplyDelete