Sunday, February 9, 2014

C4T # 1 Post # 1 Summary

I commented on the everevolvingteacher.blogspot.com, Mr. Mike McDowell responded to my comment. The blog post was about the Educreations app. The app seemed to allow the children to go on a scavenger hunt and included practice with the skill, main idea and details. Mr. McDowell informed me in his response to my question about classroom management, “I would say first and foremost, a discussion on expectations and lesson objectives needs to be implemented prior to any activity taking place.” I fully understand this is an aspect of teaching that should not be overlooked, especially in the lower grades. After using this app most of the children were able to master the concept and utilize this skill using regular old pencil and paper. What a great real world concept! My second comment was about the use of QR codes, an app that can be utilized for even the youngest of children. The codes were used while counting money. This tool is an easy way for the teacher to check for mastery, and it seems very easy to use. I plan on researching the best lessons to include this technology with because it appears to practically be effortless to integrate this app.

No comments:

Post a Comment